1. Download a Creative Commons image from Flickr.
2. Save it, open it in Photoshop.
3. Go to Image > Image Size and make sure your image is 72 Pixels/Inch (under Resolution)
4. Adjust the Levels in your photo. Explore some of the other adjustment tools, like Color Balance, Hue & Saturation, and Brightness/Contrast.
5. Use the crop tool to make your image 300px wide and 200px tall.
6. Go to Save > Save for Web, and save your image as a JPEG to your Design2013 folder.
7. Place your image on your webpage.
8. And remember when you need placeholder images, you can always use http://placekitten.com/
1. Download this image.
2. Using the crop perspective tool this time, draw a selection on the four corners of the book cover.
3. Now, rotate the canvas 90℃ clockwise. Go to Image > Image Rotation > 90℃ CW
4. Good, now it's right side up. Now, say we want to get rid of the "and" in War and Peace (scandalous, I know). Select the "and" with the selection tool so it looks like this.
5. Go to Edit > Fill, and do a Content-Aware fill.
6. MIND BLOWN
7. Contemplate all the other uses of the perspective crop tool and content-aware fill tool.